Some day – our smart phones will feed starving children and fix our broken toilets and make us lose 5 inches off our waists. They are well on their way, with ridiculous apps that do kids math homework and tell us what is left in our fridge before we go to the grocery store. All things we don’t need.
Where are the apps we do need? The ones that help us with actual, unfixable problems? Life’s real tough hurdles. For instance:
· Splitting a check between people at dinner (pay by meal style)
· Painting your fingernails on your right hand
· Compiling songs you used to love listening to when you were younger
· Organizing Tupperware (matching the container with the lid would be a plus)
· And most importantly, duplicating a favor pair of jeans that you’ve totally worn out
Can we please forget conversational style voice activation and get back to basics here?